New grads!

We are happy to welcome two new ceramics grads here at Edinboro University this school year; Sara Catapano and Hannah Pierce.

Sara Catapano (Florida).

"My ceramic forms investigate the beauty of decay within a morbid and imagined environment. Beginning with a solid block of clay, I carve into and through the material, exposing and leaving only the most essential tendons for support and structure. My work brings to life an ambiguity of human behaviors and emotions; referencing the biological and parasitic residents of our natural world as a metaphor for the thoughts and feelings of human experience. These bio-expressive sculptures are an extrusion of my internal world.  It is my belief that human beings are characterized by a dense labyrinth of forms and feelings forged from a vague blueprint."







Hannah Pierce (California).  
 

 

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar